What They Don't Tell You About Invisalign
When it comes to achieving a perfect smile, one would do anything. However, sometimes the process of getting there takes time. A great example is when you need to realign your teeth for a perfect smile. In orthodontics, there is no short way of doing it. However, there is a way you can do it and still feel pretty. The secret lies in Invisalign treatment.
What Is Invisalign?
It is a dental appliance featured for orthodontic treatment, as an alternative to traditional braces. Invisalign near you features plastic-like materials that are made to look mimic the shape of your teeth. The plastic material is also transparent. This makes the teeth aligners a cosmetic option for orthodontic treatment. It also explains why they are popularly termed as invisible teeth aligners.
How Does the Treatment Work?
The teeth aligners are made per the impressions of your teeth. The treatment works by putting pressure on your teeth
However, the pressure is controlled and has to be applied consistently. An Invisalign dentist in Bayport will first create a treatment plan for your individual needs. The treatment plan will determine the adjustment needs you will have for your teeth aligners.
Fast Facts About Invisalign
The aforementioned aspects of Invisalign Braces are fairly common. However, there are a couple of things people do not tell you about the aligners unless you talk to an Invisalign dentist near Sayville NY
Some of these facts are vital for your treatment. Knowing them can help make your treatment more manageable, not to mention, effective. If you are unsure about the treatment, the first person you should consult is a dentist near you. From there, some of the facts you should know about include:
- They are removable – invisible braces are not the same as traditional braces. They can be removed as frequently as you want. This creates a provision for patients to eat whatever they want, without necessarily having restrictions because of their aligners.
- There is a clock on the wear time – the freedom of removing your invisible aligners as you wish has a restriction to it. While you have the freedom to remove and wear them at different intervals, there is a twist to it. Technically, you have to wear your aligners between 20-22 hours every day. This means that removing them should not be for too long each day. The reason is that the aligners work by applying controlled pressure on teeth gradually. The pressure must be consistent for your teeth to start moving in the anticipated frequency.
- The dentist will become your new best friend – the first set of clear aligners is not the last you’ll ever need. These teeth aligners work differently from traditional braces. Ideally, you will need to see your dentist or orthodontist every couple of weeks. This is to change your aligners for a tighter fit. The frequency with which you visit your dentist will depend on your treatment plan. Every new set of Invisalign aligners will be tighter than the previous one. This ensures the teeth continue to move.
- The dentist will know if you don’t wear your aligners as often – other than slow changes in your teeth realignment, there is another way to tell that you have not been consistent with your teeth aligners. They have a mark on them that should wear off with frequent usage. This will sell you off if you slack on wearing them.
- It is more than a cosmetic solution – most people extrapolate the use of Invisalign as a cosmetic solution. While there is truth in that, it is not the only advantage. Realigning teeth has serval other benefits other than a beautiful smile. For once, it improved oral hygiene. Flossing and tooth brushing becomes easier and more effective when your teeth are properly aligned. Teeth realignment is also important for correcting Improper bites.
- Soreness is part of the treatment – your gums and teeth will be sore. This is particularly when you get your new set of aligners. With time, the soreness disappears.
- They stain easily – your oral hygiene techniques are not as good, you may want to adjust them before getting Invisalign.
- You need a retainer after treatment – since your teeth have forcefully been moved into a new position, they can easily shift back. A retainer is necessary to help hold the teeth in place after your teeth.