Dental Bridge or Dental Implant? Advantages and Disadvantages
Do you have a broken or missing tooth? It is important to get your tooth replaced as early as possible. Dentistry in Bayport, NY, offers you several options and two of the most common options are dental bridges and dental implants. Both the options have their own pros and cons. Let’s review the benefits and disadvantages of each of the options.
Dental Implant Advantages
- The implants near NY, 11705, offer improved appearance with the natural looking teeth.
- They help in having a better speech, unlike the dentures.
- They are comfortable and offer a natural feeling just like your natural tooth did.
- It helps in improving your oral health as you can brush and floss easily.
- The implants in Bayport are known to have a high success rate and they last quite long, sometime they can even last forever!
- They help in improving the self-esteem of a person.
- They are easy to clean, just like your natural tooth.
- The implants in Bayport are very esthetically appealing.
- The surrounding teeth are not affected due to the procedure.
Dental Implant Disadvantages
- The implants can be really expensive as compared to the other options.
- If the implant doesn’t integrate with the jawbone, it can create complications and may fall.
- They need a minor surgery and are invasive in nature.
- They need long-term maintenance commitment.
- Insurance may not cover the implants.
Dental Bridge Advantages
- They improve the appearance of a person.
- They offer a natural feel inside the mouth.
- They are durable and have a high success rate.
- They can help in better speech.
- Oral health improves after the replacement of teeth.
- Because of the full coverage, the adjacent teeth can benefit from it.
- Insurance covers bridges more than implants.
- The procedure needs lesser time to complete.
Dental Bridge Disadvantages
- Difficult to clean than implants.
- The adjacent tooth needs to be prepared.
- The bridges can be expensive.
- You need to maintain them, which needs a lifelong commitment.
- Chances of complications as some teeth, which are used for supporting the bridge may need root canal treatment after the preparation.