Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
There are many remedies you can employ to whiten your teeth. People are always looking for alternative DIY (do-it-yourself) approaches that are inexpensive and readily available for them to whiten their teeth. While some do work, many of them put you at risk of damaging different features of your oral cavity, primarily your teeth and gums. As such, you should consider professional teeth whitening near Bayport, which presents more benefits than you think possible.
What Is Professional Teeth Whitening?
It is a dental procedure performed in dentistry to change the color of teeth through bleaching the enamels thereof. Professional teeth whitening is the only kind of whitening that dentists near Bayport and virtually all other dental experts globally recommend. There is a science to whitening teeth that are better understood by dental experts than by other amateurs online. If your oral health is important to you, then the least you can do is study up regarding the different teeth whitening alternatives available and how they can impact your oral health.
What Does Professional Teeth Whitening Entail?
When you get to a dentist’s office, the first order of business is a dental exam. The dental exam allows the dentist to examine and evaluate the state of your oral health before determining the suitable approach and treatments to employ. Any professional teeth whitening near you will then entail the following steps:
- Cleanings – the dentist must clean your teeth to rid them of plaque and tartar, which are among the factors that cause dental discoloration. With the dental cleaning stage, you will notice a significant improvement in the brightness of your teeth.
- Bleaching – the step entails applying special whitening products on the enamels of your teeth. The whitening agents are supposed to start bleaching your teeth by breaking down the stains on them in the different layers of your teeth. To speed up the bleaching process, dental experts use lasers to activate the whitening agents. As such, the products work faster and more effectively. After the first application, the dentist will rinse off the whitening gel or paste, then repeat the step. This bleaching step may be repeated up to 4 times until your dentist realizes the desired brightness and whiteness on your teeth.
- Fluoride treatment – is a treatment offered to enrich your teeth with fluoride, a natural mineral that helps fight dental cavities by strengthening your teeth. This final treatment will also boost the longevity of the brightness of your smile while helping you sustain healthy teeth before your next dental cleaning.
Top Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
Do you want to know why you should opt for professional teeth whitening in Bayport, NY, over other whitening remedies? Consider the following benefits:
- High safety measures – your dentist will employ high safety measures when performing teeth whitening in 11705. For one, he/she regulates the amount of whitening products used for the bleaching process so that the concentration does not deteriorate the enamels of your teeth. Better yet, dentists protect your gums before using any bleachers that may harm your gum tissues.
- Quick and effective results – in slightly under 45 minutes or so, your procedure will be done, and you will see visible changes in the color of your teeth. In fact, professional teeth whitening can improve the color of your teeth up to 4 shades whiter than how they were initially. With other whitening methods, you may have to keep repeating the process for several weeks before your teeth can begin to appear whiter and brighter.
- Long-lasting results – when it comes to bleaching your teeth, you need to ensure that you are not doing it too frequently, in such a way as to sabotage the health of your teeth. It, therefore, makes it important to have a solution that will keep your teeth white for a long time before you need a repeat procedure. Professional teeth whitening typically lasts between 6 months and 12 months, while other methods can only go as far as three months.
- Boosting oral hygiene – professional teeth whitening cannot commence before a dentist has cleaned your teeth. As such, by the time you are leaving the dentist’s office, you will not only have a whiter smile than before, but also a cleaner mouth.